The Chair of Interaction- and Communication-based Systems at the Institute of Computer Science at the University of St. Gallen is seeking a candidate for a position as
at the University of St. Gallen, per September 1st, 2020 or by mutual agreement.
Our research group at the Chair for Interaction- and Communication-based Systems is exploring interactions among people and increasingly autonomous devices in pervasive computing environments. We are doing research and designing and implementing cyber-physical systems and demonstrators at the intersection of Web technologies, agent technologies and multiagent systems, context awareness, and human-computer interaction.
The ideal candidate for this position has a PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or a related domain), and ideally already has connections to research in the domain of Pervasive Computing. In addition to his/her research within our group's research agenda, the candidate will actively drive project acquisition, and coordinate research projects of our group.
We are looking for you if you have
- completed a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related domain
- a rising project and publication record
- confidence and independence in designing and implementing research projects (including the design and implementation of prototypes and complex systems)
- experience in supervising students and teaching university-level courses
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Your international mindset paired with your ambition to excel in research and teaching are core qualifications that you bring to our team and projects. You can expect to collaborate within a highly supportive and motivating environment at a growing research group, situated in one of the most beautiful spots of Europe, embedded between the Swiss mountains and Lake Constance.