This publication has expired. The last date when this publication was published was 5/16/22.
Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, is an internationally networked aquatic research institute within the ETH Domain (Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology). Eawag conducts research, education and expert consulting to achieve the dual goals of meeting direct human needs for water and maintaining the function and integrity of aquatic ecosystems.
Computer Scientist in Research Data Management
Our IT department in the field of IT Science is looking for a
- Expand, maintain and adapt our institutional research data repository (based on CKAN)
- Support researchers and technicians in the departments in the use of the research data repository (data processing and formatting, organisation of data, etc.)
- Support for researchers and technicians in department-specific data management
- Represent Eawag in committees dealing with research data
- University or college degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- High level of analytical comprehension and ability to work conceptually
- Good knowledge of relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL); experience in research data management and with metadata would be an advantage
- Openness to learning new tools and programming languages
- Interest and ability in communicating with researchers and technicians about their research data and solving their data management problems
- Good knowledge of the English language
You can expect an international research environment where you can work independently within a small team to support researchers in research data management. The position is attached to Sci-ence IT within the Computer Science Department. The research data repository is based on the open source solution CKAN. You would be responsible for the further development and support of this tool.
Eawag is a modern employer and offers an excellent working environment where staff can contribute their strengths, experience and ways of thinking. We promote gender equality and are committed to staff diversity and inclusion. The compatibility of career and family is of central importance to us. For more information about Eawag and our work conditions please consult www.eawag.ch and www.eawag.ch/en/aboutus/working/employment.
For further information, please contact Christophe Berner, Head IT Department.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send it through this webpage, any other way of applying will not be considered. A click on the button below will take you directly to the application form.