HEKS/EPER: The Whole of Ukraine Response
With an already strong presence in Eastern Europe for more than 40 years, HEKS/EPER has considerably increased its intervention in this region with the occurring of the Ukrainian crisis. HEKS/EPER has been operating in Ukraine and neighboring countries with social inclusion and home care programs. In 2022, as refugees are fleeing clashes across Ukraine triggered by military operations, HEKS/EPER is extending its activities to deliver critical assistance to displaced persons inside Ukraine and in the hosting regions, in Romania, Hungary, and Slovakia.
The CASH Manager will provide strategic direction and vision for the cash project within the Whole of Ukraine response and will support the operational teams be responsible for project management of the multi-purpose cash assistance. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or offer capacity building to regional offices staff.
Therefore, we are looking for a proactive and experienced:
Design & Implementation
- You assist theRegional Coordinator Whole of Ukrainein the implementation of programs
- You ensure CASH and voucher programmes are of high quality, technically sound and responsive to the needs of the beneficiaries of Whole of Ukraine response in the countries of operation.
- You provide technical guidance on cash and voucher prorgrammes at all stages of the program cycle (assessments, grant and proposal writing, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation)
Learning & Capacity strengthening
- You identify learning and training opportunities for all Whole of Ukraine program staff.Organize and conduct capacity development trainings
- You conduct training and awareness raising activities partner staff and Whole of Ukraine program response level regarding CASH programmings
Data Management and Reporting
- You assist Regional Coordinator Whole of Ukraine in liaisons with headquarters
- You alert the Regional Coordinator in cases where discrepances in the execution of programs would be identified and proposes adjustments (at the level of activities, intervention area, budget, implementation schedule, etc)
- You participate in the preparation of SitRep and other internal and external reports by complying with internal confirmation deadlines and external contracts expiration dates (project reports)
Safety and Security
- You share any security information with the Regional Coordinator
- You provide timely incident report to the Regional Coordinator as needed
- You deliver high quality results in line with the terms of reference agreed in advance – to do this in a way which maintains the reputation of the Humanitarian Department
- Proven experience in establishing CASH programming, preferably in complex humanitarian settings including in rapid emergency responses
- Thorough knowledge on the humanitarian coordination system and the cluster approach.
- Strong interpersonal and representation skills and previous experience of networking with other organizations involved in cash programming
- Experience in undertaking CASH assistance experience in humanitarian context.
- Good knowledge in designing assessment and studies in humanitarian contexts.
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating and accountability.
- Proven capacity to supervise (directly or indirectly), train and coach staff.
- Experience of supporting the preparation of successful funding proposals for donors.
- Keep strong coordination with other implementing agencies, donors and local governmental authorities at field level
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken).
- Knowledge in Romanian, Ukrainian or Russian languages will get preference
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally across the multi-country response, and domestically.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Strong attitude to take initiative, work autonomously and achieve results effectively.
- Flexibility and Stress-management
- Ability to be assertive, when necessary
- Ability to analyze (judgment, practicality) and to synthesize
- Organization, discipline, and compliance with deadlines
- Outstanding ability to listen and negotiate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under stress in general, and in emergency situations in particular
- An international position with a duty station in Cluj/Romania
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition.
- Fixed-term contract of one year, renewable.
- Preferred start date: ASAP