Since the onset of conflict in Ukraine following the Russian military offensive on the 24th February 2022, the humanitarian situation in the country deteriorated rapidly and over 3.5 million civilians have been displaced to neighbouring countries. According to the World Food Programme (WFP) Situation Report #7, over 12 million of civilians (30% of the Ukraine’s population) are already in dire need of immediate assistance with at least 6.4 million being internally displaced, many of whom were already displaced multiple times during previous fighting.
 WFP External Situation Report #7 -March 22, 2022
- Strategy and institutional policy
- You ensure implementation and compliance to HEKS-EPER Foundation Strategic Plan, HEKS-EPER regional strategic plan and HEKS-EPER thematic policies in the field.
- Together with the desk, you elaborate, implement and review the country strategy for HEKS-EPER in Ukraine.
- Project cycle management
- You manage, supervise and coordinate all the activities related to the implementation of HEKS-EPER’s projects in Ukraine according to the proposal guidelines and indicators, budget and work plans.
- In consultation with HEKS-EPER’s Emergency desk, you develop new projects in-line with HEKS-EPER strategic plan and thematic policies.
- You provide the Desk with quality monthly activity reports and annual reports in line with project objectives and indicators.
- You provide the Desk and/or the donors with quality intermediate and final project reports as per contract.
- You are responsible for the overall financial management of the delegation.
- You ensure a tight follow up of all budgets including donors contracts and takes necessary actions in case of over/under expenditure.
- Human resources management
- You manage (supervision, support, training, etc.) HEKS-EPER employees in Ukraine, expatriates as well as local staff.
- You recruit HEKS-EPER local staff.
- Fund raising
- You develop and maintain sound relations with potential donors (institutional, local, etc).
- You identifie new funding sources.
- You initiates and lead the development of new project proposals.
- You secure new contracts.
- You implement and update HEKS-EPER delegation’s rules and procedures.
- You esure that contracts, rules and procedures meet all requirements of national law.
- You undertake other duties that may be defined by HEKS-EPER desk HQ.
- Child Safeguarding Policy
- You commit to respect HEKS-EPER Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistleblowing Policy
- You commit to ensure the best.
- Education: University degree in relevant field
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2, Russian an asset
This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- You show autonomy and ability to decide
- You manage stress and emotions
- You show negotiation skills
- You communicate in a clear, concise and responsible way
- You manage conflicts in a constructive way
- You know and respect the rules and processes of the different domains concerning one’s activities
- You transform the innovations into shared good practices
- You know and applie the state of the art in Project Cycle Management
- You act as a complexity reducer by translating the organizational strategy into clear priorities, goals and operational actions
- You encourage and support the development of staff competencies
- You act as a legal, official representative of HEKS-EPER both locally and internationally
- An international position with a duty station in Odessa, Ukraine
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position with scope for design
- Duration 12 months
- Starting date: ASAP