HEKS/EPER: The Whole of Ukraine Response
With an already strong presence in Eastern Europe for more than 40 years, HEKS/EPER has considerably increased its intervention in this region with the occurring of the Ukrainian crisis. HEKS/EPER has been operating in Ukraine and neighboring countries with social inclusion and home care programs. In 2022, as refugees arefleeing clashes across Ukraine triggered by military operations, HEKS/EPER is extending its activities to deliver critical assistance to displaced persons inside Ukraine and in the hosting regions, in Romania, Hungary, and Slovakia.
Therefore, we are looking for a proactive and experienced:
Budgetary and Financial Monitoring:
- Oversee the financial operations of all the regional Ukraine response and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for compiling financial information from the different country offices and for maintaining all financial records for projects and for the regional office.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that project funds are utilized appropriately.
Coordination and support
- Collaborate and coordinate with HQ and Country Offices to ensure Finance, Administrative and HR procedures are well understood and enforced in a coordinated manner at regional level and to present a consolidated approach and teamwork for mission support and management.
- Performs quality control reviews of HEKS and partners organization
Training and Compliance Management:
- Ensure adequate training & Capacity building on HEKS-EPER institutional polices and Donors Procedures for staff in regional/country offices and for the partners
- Support field offices and partner organizations in formulating financial reports, budgets for new projects and carrying out audits.
- Supervise the monthly closing, review, and integration of the accounting.
- Verify the accounting files and archives before they are sent to HQ.
- Prepare and maintain donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Take part in meetings related to administrative aspects, represents HEKS-EPER upon request.
- Centralize and supervise the sending of administrative files to the Head Office (in Zurich) as well as to the respective field offices in the region.
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are sent according to preestablished administrative calendar.
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures.
- Professional diploma or University Degree inAccounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit
- Professional experience of at least 3 years with an NGO in a similar position
- Rigor and reliability, outstanding sense of organization and for coordination; excellent interpersonal skills; good management of priorities and pressure to meet often conflicting deadlines.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Excellent written/spoken command English is mandatory. Ukrainian and Russian are an asset. Knowledge
- An international position with a duty station in Cluj or in Zürich/Lausanne and regular visit to the regional offices (Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, Moldova).
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition.
- Fixed-term contract of one year renewable.
- Preferred start date: ASAP